Though the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is there to take care of the requirement, the requirement for the well informed and trained people is increasing. In this environment, the objective of the degree program B.Com. of Christ’s B.Com + CA is to bring out such graduates who are well informed and trained in the same lines of the curriculum prescribed by the ICAI and to enable them, if they are interested, to pursue CA course and complete without any problem.
Salient Features :
- The B.Com. Degree program is structured on the Credit Based Semester Scheme in conformity with the UGC guidelines under the Bangalore University.
- The curriculum is prepared keeping in view that the student who is studying this B.Com. Degree program shall be able to complete Chartered Accountancy Course (CPT and IPCC) of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India with full self confidence.
- The curriculum is practical oriented taking into consideration the industry requirement.
- The curriculum is designed such that even though the student is not interested in pursuing Chartered Accountancy Course, (s)he shall become a highly competent Corporate Auditor/Advisor
- The students are required to take part in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities and their participation is compulsory.
- At the end of each even semester, the student has to undergo a pre-determined/self study project and submit his report which enhances his practical knowledge.
CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test. It is an entry level examination for the admission in Charted Accountancy course. It is also known as CA- CPT. This is a compulsory test to become a member of Institute of Charted Accountant of India (ICAI).
Integrated Professional Competency Course - IPCC Integrated Professional Competence Course is the identification for the second level of the CA (Chartered Accountancy) course conducted by the ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India).